The education programme is concerned with the holistic development of every child’s intellectual, emotional, social, physical, artistic and creative potentials.
Abinta Kabir Foundation School
This is the Foundation’s pilot project and the soul of the Education Program. Situated in Vatara, Dhaka and running since the 7th of July, 2017, Abinta Kabir Foundation School was established to honour and realise Abinta’s dream to ensure a quality education for all. AKFS’s blended deliverance provide students with an all-inclusive NCTB curriculum with supplementary focus on STEM subjects and English. The aim is for students to excel in their studies but also to develop them as critical thinkers and future change makers who are compassionate, empathetic and aware of their surroundings.
Student & Teacher
NCTB Curriculum and
Focus on STEM & ENG
BDT 2K per month
to sponsor a girl
Total Child (90)
- Sponsored Child66
- Non-sponsored Child24
Message from Education Program Officer
Working in the Abinta Kabir Foundation School is a huge privilege and a big blessing. The mission of the school, ‘to bridge the gap between the privileged and underprivileged through holistic education,’ itself keeps us self-motivated, and we are striving to achieve that goal every day.The school has the most up-to-date facilities and the students are really intelligent; they end up astounding us with their high level of confidence and a love for learning. We try to instill in our students the core values left to us by Abinta, which are Trust, Determination, Gratitude, Respect, and Open-mindedness, and through observations student behavior and interactions, we are seeing the
transformation taking place. In this one year, we have seen our students excel in enhancing their behaviors and manners, developing English reading and communicative skills, and enriching their knowledge about the world. Leading the Abinta Kabir Foundation School is very meaningful for me, as for the past five years, I have been working in the sector of education for the underprivileged children, and my role becomes especially more rewarding when the teachers I mentor share their students’ success stories, which is the evidence that we are taking small steps towards ensuring a brighter future of our students. In the Qur’an, two verses in Surah Al-Inshirah say: “Fa inna ma’al ’usri yusra. Inna ma’al ’ussri yusra (verses 4, 5),” meaning: “Then indeed with every difficulty there is ease, indeed with every difficulty there is ease.” These two verses signify my experience in this school strongly. The hardship of having Abinta not in this world physically is unbearable for her family and friends, who love her deeply. However, at the same time, her dreams and plans for her beloved Bangladesh are bringing about transformation in the community and her school is a comfort and ease for hundreds of families. All our prayers are forever with Abinta’s beautiful soul.
Conceptualising The Project:
- Abinta Kabir Foundation believes every child should have the ability to make her/himself empowered to decide on their futures.
- The School has designed their curriculum keeping in mind the values Abinta herself stood by all through her life.
- The school’s child-friendly learning environment has been designed with a lot of care, to provide a joyful school atmosphere
- The teachers continuously work to develop their teaching-learning techniques in order to compete with the modern system
- The supreme aim is to empower the students with necessary skills to break out the cycle of poverty for leading a life of dignity in future
What Facilities We Provide
- The school follows the national curriculum with strong emphasis on STEM education
- Adapts the existing NCTB to make it functional and related to real life experiences.
- Teachers are encouraged to use interactive and participatory teaching-learning methods through student-centered and tech-based methodologies.
- English as a communication medium for more proactive.
- Sports days,Art and Craft fairs,inter-school art competitors,etc are regularly organized to boost student’s morale.